Wednesday, February 27, 2008

**Exclusive** Mel Kiper on SOHH.com


I just came back from the combine, and I want to thank the great people of Indianapolis for their warmth and for not touching my hair, I also want to thank Todd McShay for making me look like a God on TV with your disheveld hair and lousy tie collection, you will never be me and your love affair with University of Arkansas's Running Back Darren McFadden disgusts me.

I have a few hours to kill before I go up to Boston and watch Matt Ryan's private workout and urine test, so ask away ... again, no questions about my hair and no questions about my 2001 mock draft.

*refuses autograph from kid*

*disregards call from Tommy Tommerville*

*eats donut*
*wipes mouth with NFL Combine press pass*




Mel...so are the Giants likely going with the top CB remaining with the #32* pick...as they did last year? Could they be getting the Jim Thorpe Award winner for the 2nd year in a row, in Antoine Cason?? I like him a lot because I hear he can also play the Safety position. What do you think & will he be available?

Mel:
*adjusts glasses*

yes, I would say that Antoine Cason the 6 foot 190 pound corner out of Arizona would be an ideal selection for the defending Super Bowl Champion New York Giants at #31, because he would allow Corey Webster to go back to his more natural slot as a nickel, and Cason is an ideal ballhawking playmaking big corner that could take this defense to the next level, questions about his 40 were answered by his combine 4.49 and my very own private 40 outside my Howard Johnson's (4.44) on Saturday, its a good bet that the Packers at #27 would be looking at him as well.

No comments: